The PPR compound consists of Main House, Two Guests Houses, Events Building, Swimming Pool and Six RV Pads situated on 756 beautiful acres in the New Mexico High Plains . We offer privacy, spectacular Southwest experience and plenty of room to stretch out.
Here is a picture of one of our resident Road Runners walking around on the wall in front of our main house. We have an abundance of birds and other wildlife making their home in and around Painted Pony.
The 20' x 35' pool and hot tub areas are surrounded by landscaping adjacent to the courtyard, providing privacy and seclusion. The pool area is shielded from the wind by screens that also provide extra privacy. Our heated pool is fully furnished with luxurious tables, chairs, lounges and Cabana area with bar stools and table. Pool is available year round.
The Swimming Pool is geothermal and solar heated. PPR is an Eco Friendly Resort using natural heat from a geothermal irrigation well augmented by solar heat. On FAQ you will find a description of our heating system and temperature ranges for different seasons.
Our large Courtyard has plenty of room for entertaining or for large gatherings. We have plenty of chairs and tables and also a shaded cabana. From the Courtyard is a path leading to the hot tub and swimming pool.
From the road leading to PPR you are looking across the property to the estate buildings with the Chiricahua mountains in the background. This is an awesome setting and a peaceful, spiritually renewing environment!
Pictured above is our Events Building with 80’ flagpole. The Events Building is 2,500 Square Foot, extra large indoor gathering area with 18 foot high interior. Used for Wedding Receptions, On-site Conferences, Parties, Workshop Staging Area, and other group events. This building can easily accommodate your large group. In 2012 we hosted a wedding reception with around 100 people. Go to the Wedding Page for a picture of the Events Building for this reception.
• PPR is “An Escape to Tranquility” in the high desert of NM - The Land of Enchantment
• Our guests are consistently amazed and impressed by: The quiet and peaceful setting; The beauty of the night sky.
• PPR is newly furnished with new beds and mattresses. Everything is high quality with new linens all around.
• Bedrooms are spacious and can accommodate extra people with roll-out beds.
• Lots of space on our 750+ acres and in our four building plus the events building.
• Basketball area on a concrete pad by the Events Building.
• Ping pong table in three car garage at the main house.
• Pool table in the same three car garage with the ping pong table.
• Two well stocked Kitchens with all the things you want. If something is missing in the way of a basic item just let us know.
• In the main house garage is a commercial ice maker, large freezer, and a commercial refrigerator.
• Washer and dryer available next to Guest House.
• Events Building used for Wedding Receptions, On-site Conferences, Parties, Workshop Staging Area, and other group events.